Thursday, January 31, 2019

January in review

A review of how my renewed direction with my blog have been going.

Reddit was something new for me but I rang in the new year trying it out.  To start with it was an immediate success driving me more traffic than any other source. But the consistent spike in traffic since I began posting there is undeniable. Reddit is getting more people to look at my blog and providing feedback.

My Jaded Gamer entry on the 3rd generated some interesting stuff. Daruma didn't like me and now Wordforge doesn't like me either. Film at eleven. Although it aggravate one of the Nightfall guys that he spit out a soft release date for Sla Industries 2nd edition:

This tweet was right at the beginning of January so that makes the release date June 2020. I don't think this guy has looked into the effect that Allsop has on release dates when it comes to Sla Industries.

Started up my old Tumblr account and begin posting there again while tossing out some pictures, links to my blog post and Drivethru links. We'll see if that's a viable platform for me to use. Loading up the queue option for posting with links to DrivethruRPG/Comics/Fiction so that one pops up each day. But from what I can tell, except for one or two exceptions, Tumblr is a ghost town for driving traffic towards anyplace else. So next month I will try something a bit different.

On the social network end I tried ramping up on Twitter a bit. The goal was to get as close to 2k impressions a day as I could and more link clicks to boot.  Well my impressions are actually trending around 3k a day instead but my link clicks are pretty much flat and have only seen a few increases on days where I get a big retweet.

Still trying out MeWe, still not happy with the desktop interface. But I am seeing some interaction in groups I'm in as well as my own feed posts so there is activity there. The OSR crowd seems really heavy so far and a lot of my stuff doesn't fall into their area of interest. Time will tell how this pans out.

Also I've started focusing most of my posting to go up Mon-Fri and giving myself the weekend free to write a few more up in advance and take a break from thing as well.

2 comments:

  1. To confirm: Shep is not a Word Forge man. He is a Nightfall man. Additionally, the date given by him was not induced by you aggravating (may want to check your spelling) him. This date has been shared on the Facebook and KS pages long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corrected that he is a Nightfall guy and not a Word Forge Games guy. Could you shoot me a link to the release date announcement for Sla Industries 2nd edition so I can correct that as well?

      Delete