Wednesday, August 5, 2020

RPGaDAY 2020 a couple more days


Going to do my in batches since this month will be busy.

Day 3 - Thread

Old fashioned threaded forums. Man I do miss some of those. Back when it seemed there were dozens of companies offering you free space to make your own easy to use forum. Kind of like when there were dozens of sites offering you free space to make your own easy to use web page. You know back near the end of the 'wild west' era of the internet.

You could find a forum for nearly any game out there. If a group of folks liked something they were talking about it and probably did so on a forum. Now getting traffic to said forum was a pain but if you managed to get one in at the right time it was great.

Even I sat up one for the Kult RPG. I saw Target looking like it was about to get out of the gaming business so I sat up a forum called "Parchment of Flesh" as a back up in case that happened. Told everybody that if the official forum went down we could regroup there. Guess what? Target shut their forums down and everybody ran over to he one I had sat up. Had great traffic for a couple of strong years there. It was a great time.

Day 4 - Vision

I used to have a vision of trying to big grand things. Some even started off well. Ran a local convention that went really well but things seemed to fall apart while putting the next one together. Tried organizing local players together online so we could help grow the community. Store loyalty shredded that idea in short order. Sort of relating back to day one, lots of beginnings with grand vision that ended up in the garbage heap.

I leave the grand vision up to others now. I'm just using my little vision on doing personal small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment