Sunday, December 31, 2023

2024 game resolutions

 


I usually don't do New Year resolutions anymore. But I decided to at least do some for the gaming aspect of my life. After all I had a pretty good year last year and I think I can grow on that some more. So here we go in no particular order of importance.

1. Keep my Cyberpunk 2020 campaign going until the players want something different. Going to try and avoid burnout and keep it fresh. Not sure how long that will happen but we will see.

2. Continue playtesting for [redacted] until they don't want me anymore. Because playtesting is fun and I enjoy companies who listen to actual constructive criticism. 

3. Make some time to get a few games of Battletech in. Hopefully with one of my good friends who really enjoys the game and bought me the starter kit.

4. One. Just one. New product to release on DrivethruRPG under Truly Rural Productions. I stopped working on anything new after I got hit with Covid and ended up on a vent. That brain fog was real and it felt like my mind was just not capable of handling things anymore. However this last year has been a big change for that as I feel more like myself now. My job and gaming regularly once again really helped that along.

5. Continue to try and work with the local gaming community more like I used to. Build up the MARS Discord server I sat up and start interacting with more folks. But also avoiding those who are nothing but negative most of the time and drain anything positive. 

6. Keep posting on my blog. Try and get myself out into the online community a bit more. Like I used to be many years back. 


Now I would love to add 'play more games' onto that list. But I just don't have the time. If I could handle online gaming it may be a possibility but my hearing is not so good and listening to several folks trying to talk at the same time is not something I can handle very well. However if I can acquire a quality set of headphones and a microphone then I may try it again at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment