Sunday, September 25, 2022

Indie - BALIKBAYAN check it out

 


BALIKBAYAN: Returning Home

Available on itch.io 


I got this in a bundle I backed two years ago. Like most bundles I never got around to looking at everything that was included. However a couple days ago on Twitter some folks mentioned this game so I took a look. 

So worth it.

I'm still reading this but I will tell you know this is a really great take for a scifi game mixed with dystopian and cyberpunk themes. In a nutshell you play magical 'elementals' who were enslaved by a corporation who have now freed themselves and are hiding out on a ruined earth hoping to bring upon a new reawakening of magic. 

The rules aren't exactly my cup of tea but I can see the appeal. I'm sure others will really enjoy this evolution of the PbtA mechanics. Especially some of the world building that is placed into the hands of the players. Also it's visually stunning, a great piece of inspired work.

So folks, you may want to check this one out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment