Sunday, October 28, 2018

WaRP ezine pros and cons



Currently been thinking of a different way to release material for WaRP than what I was planning.  Originally my ideas was to put out individual small sourcebooks for specific things. Such at the collection of modern magic items.  However I have a lot of little unconnected ideas running around as well. 

So the new idea is to release it under and ezine like format.  A few different WaRP articles, maybe a bit of fiction, some other generic articles like GM advice and what not.  Some stock and clip art to finish it up.  But I'm not sure which way to go so I'm making a pro and con list for the ezine format.

PRO

Allows me to use scattered one off bits that I've written up.
The ezine format is pretty popular right now.
Easier to release on a more timely manner since I'm not putting everything into one idea even though my interest may bounce back and forth.
It would allow a continuous stream of thought for me, such a regular articles on certain subjects.

CON

A specific type of thing somebody may be interested in could be scattered across multiple issues.
People not happy buying an entire issue when they only have interest in the fantasy bit or whatever.


Does anybody else have any pros and cons that I've missed?

1 comment: