Friday, August 25, 2017

Jaded Gamer Diary - Maybe



Maybe one day a new edition of Kult will come out with system that isn't dogs vomit like Powered by the Apocalypse.  Maybe one day they'll make an affordable version of Unknown Armies 3rd edition so us not so well off gamers can afford it.  Maybe one day I will crowned king of England.

Maybe it's time I moved on from the hobby.

I mean seriously everything that I have looked forward to for the last four or five years has ended in trash.  To the point I don't even bother to look at what is coming out... ever.  After all it has led to disappointment or excitement followed shortly by disappointment.  Especially since all the rage seems to be 'bigger and more expensive, it's great!' or fueled by a popular system that I can't stand at all. 

The only thing that has kept me here is nostalgia of the way it used to be.  How fun gaming was.  Not like now where it's like pulling fucking teeth to get people to show to play.  Or where I set for hours waiting for a game to start when all anybody ends up doing is sitting and talking the entire time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment