Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cyberpunk Sunday 2.005

It's been a while since I've done a Cyberpunk Sunday installment so I feel it's about time I corrected that. What a good time to do so also, been some nice stories this last week that fall well into that realm. So let's take a look at three of them.

First up how about using your cell phone to track somebody and then send a drone their way? Evidently that's what the CIA can do when working with the NSA now. Now drones are costly as hell so I don't see them using this against low threat targets. But if the costs go down.....

CIA NSA killer drones

Now let's look at implanted false memories. Such as implanting a memory, or at least altering a memory, in the brains of mice. They've done that now. Sorta gives you the vibes of visiting a Rekall station in the near future doesn't it? Can I get my ski vacation now without ever having to risk breaking my neck on the slopes?

False mouse memories

Style over substance and fashion is everything. Here's a look at various wearable tech that is either in development or already hitting our store shelves. Some interesting ideas here, along with a few terrible ones in my humble opinion, that may be the next fashion trends. Personally I need something that tells me when I about to trip over things in my way.

Wearable Tech

Now hopefully I won't take so long getting the next Cyberpunk Sunday out.



No comments:

Post a Comment