Friday, August 1, 2014

#RPGaDay day one.

Going to participate in the #RPGaDay idea from Autocratik.  Today is "First RPG Played".

That would be the old Dungeons and Dragons red box edition.  My brother had picked up a copy of Dragon magazine from someplace and thought a lot of what he saw was pretty cool.  So he followed an ad in there for a mail order hobby shop type company.  His first purchase was the boxed set and some miniatures that looked neat.

I'm absolutely we didn't play it right, he also didn't enjoy it as much as I did.  He walked off to the next thing that captured his interest while I sat and read over those two red manuals over and over again.  It would be years before I gamed again but the spark was set then and it remained bright all that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment