Tuesday, August 5, 2014

#RPGaDAY day five

"Most Old School RPG Owned" is today's #RPGaDAY request.

I'm mentioning some of the same games a few times here.  Hopefully I'll spread out to some of the variety that I have on my shelf.  But for this I have to say it is the old red box edition of Dungeons and Dragons.  The box is long since gone, I have at least one of the original dice still and the books are looking a bit rough around the edges.

Oddly enough though as many call it old school I like to think of it as 'early rules lite' or some such.  I mean honestly there isn't much to it rules wise with a lot less crunch than many other popular systems of the time.  Fast character creation and fast resolution for pretty much everything.


Granted this picture has a newer set of dice than what was originally in the box.  Still at least I'm didn't use the same image as before.  Gotta work some variety in here someplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment