Thursday, August 14, 2014

#RPGaDAY Day Fourteen

Well here we are at #RPGaDAY number fourteen with "Best Convention Purchase".

The only time I made it to Origins was for two reasons.  First was the final official Doomtown storyline tournament and second was to pick up a specific being released there.  The tournament was sorta 'meh' but the rpg turned out to be awesome.

Of course I'm talking about Little Fears.  A simple rules light system that seemed to fit the dark and terrifying setting like a glove.  Jason Blair made one hell of a game and I wasn't the only one who thought so.  I ran the hell out of the game, had people waiting to play, multiple groups going on during the week and great times had by all.

I got to playtest the next version of the game, the Nightmare Edition, and I liked it as well.  While all the rules changes or additions make complete sense and it's a great game I still prefer the original.  But that's all just personal preference. 

You can find both editions (the original is the 10th anniversary edition) over on Drivethrurpg along with Jason's other game Streets of Bedlam.  Give them a look here.


No comments:

Post a Comment