Monday, October 21, 2024

My health issues

 I really need to start working on getting more healthy. Ever since my stint with Covid that landed me on a ventilator my body has been going down hill a lot. I've always been overweight, but my doctor was always surprised that when they did tests I came back really well. Now, however, that is not the case. Everything has has gone downhill pretty fast over the last couple of years and my weight has gone up.

Currently I'm on medications for my Thyroid and for Cholesterol, daily aspirin because my blood is naturally thick, and 2000 IU of vitamin D daily. Just started using a CPAP for sleep apnea. My blood pressure is still relatively decent so they haven't started me on anything for that. My sugar level is all over the place though. So I'm working on cutting that back via diet before medication.

I also have back problems. Had a bulging disc that was never taken care of, pain in my right hip, my right shoulder has arthritis setting in from an injury. So lots of fun stuff there.

My weight is 362. That's a big problem. 

So I've started cutting back on what I eat and trying to get out and walk more each day. Will be doing more as I can and doing weekly updates here. 

The CPAP has been hard for me this first week of using it. A bit of anxiety from having been on a vent before. Having medical equipment strapped to my face and a feeling that my air flow is restricted is not a fun things for me. But I'm getting better and more used to it. 

So here is the start to getting healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment