Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind 40th Anniversary - Studio Ghibli Fest...


Finally got to see one of my all time favorite movies at the theater tonight. My wife, kids and I all went and watched the film together and had a great time. My first encounter was in the 80's when it popped up at a local VHS rental store and was released under the name 'Warriors of the Wind'. It was edited, chopped up and the voice acting was pretty 'meh'. But even in that state it was really awesome to watch as a kid. 

Eventually I found various bootleg version once the internet came along. Then finally Disney released a top notch dubbed version that stuck true to the original vision of the movie. So seeing it on the big screen was a cumulation of fanboy obsession Nausicaa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment