Sunday, August 11, 2019

Jaded Gamer Diary - PbtA fans think they are elite



A collection of quotes seen posted up by PbtA fans as they love to down on other games but hate it when people down theirs.

All that said I can totally understand the appeal of trad gaming and the like where it sits nicely between role playing and tactical combat.

So according to this one people who like trad games aren't full roleplayers.
I happen to love PbtA. It is, arguably, my favorite game system. Further, I share some of your preferences. I generally hate class-based systems. I love elegant game mechanics.
Hey I guess only PbtA has 'elegant' game mechanics.
In my experience, players (including, regrettably, me) frequently come up with terrible, boring and unclear concepts for their characters when left to their own devices, so I feel like trading in broad archetypes improves playability substantially.
Oh so the playbooks are saving us from our terrible, boring and unclear selves.
I disagree. There have been massive changes in rpgs and the relationship between players, GMs, and world building/game playing.
Another person who thinks changes that have been going on in the gaming hobby for well over two decades are something that PbtA is responsible for.

No comments:

Post a Comment